segunda-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2008

The story of Edgar Sawtelle

(...)
Do you think there is a heaven or hell? he signed.
"I don't know. Not in the Christian way, if that's what you mean. I think people have a right to believe in whatever they want. I jus don't".
I don't mean like the Bible. I mean, do you think anything at all happens to a person after they die?
She spooned up a section of grapefruit. "I guess I don't think about those things as much as I should. It's hard to believe it matters when there's the same work to do either way. Lots of people think it's an important question, though, and if they think so, then it is for them. But they have to answer it for themselves."
If someone came in here and gave you positive proof, would you do anything different?"
She shook her head. "I think it's just as likely that someone could say that this place, right here, is heaven, hell, and earth all at the same time. And we still wouldn't know what to do differently. Everyone just muddles through, trying not to make too many mistakes".
É isso aí, vivendo minha vida da melhor forma possível, sem cometer muitos erros...

Nenhum comentário: